Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tillia Family

The beginning of our family for me was as such. I was born on March 19, 1965 to Stephen Carlton Settle, deceased (son of Marion Settle and Constance Lombardo both deceased) and Julia Mae Hawes (daughter of Cecil Clede Hawes (deceased) and Hannah Lee Finley). My brother Richard (Rick) was born December 11, 1967. Mom and Steve divorced and she later married Charles Franklin Tillia (son of Frank Tillia and Mary Glasser) who adopted Rick and myself as his own children. As we were both young at the time we grew up as Tillia's even though he and mom insured that we had contact with our real father until his death in 1982. During our childhood our cousins from our real fathers side often spent many weeks with us over the summer and Billy, (Masters) Aunt Jeanette's son actually lived with us for a year or so. Chad Allen Tillia and Dawn Lee Ann Tillia were born a few years later and the family was complete for the time being. We were living in a trailer just over the hill from Grandpa and Grandma Tillia until we moved in or around 1975 to the farm that they now live in. Much of our childhood was spent weeding the gardens, riding horses, fishing, hunting or just roaming all over the woods. I left home in 1983 after graduating high school and spent almost a year at Word of Life Bible College, first working as a wrangler at their youth ranch for the summer and continuing on at their Bible College. When I left there I joined the Air Force and after basic training and tech school I was based at Dyess Airforce Base in Abilene Texas where I met Gayla Jewel Tillia (Daughter of Dale Ray Stone (deceased) and Doris Whitehead) and we were married Feb. 5, 1985 in Abilene. Stephen Cody Tillia was born June 24, 1986 in Abilene. Soon after his birth we moved to Tampa, Florida where we would remain until I left in 2003. We did move for a year in 1989 - 90. We were later divorced around 1992. Courtney Dawn Tillia was born May 10. 1988 and her brother Chance DaleRay (Tillia) Huff was born a few years later. After our divorce it was found out that he was the son of Michael Huff.

I met Denise Michelle Riccardi (daughter of Bartholomew Riccardi (deceased) and Grace Lampitelli) around 1995 and we were married September 4, 1998. Austin Hunter Tillia was born May 23, 1998 and Dakota Jordan Tillia was born August 15, 2000. Denise and I were divorced in 2002. I spent a year in Kansas and then went back to Pennsylvania where Courtney and I lived until 2006 when she graduated. Her mother Gayla born April 13, 1966 died October 20, 2005 and was buried in Lutz, Florida. I went to Nashville, Tennessee after Courtney's graduation and Courtney moved back to Florida. In November of 2006 I met Cheryl "Underwood" Woznick and moved to Homer, Georgia, where we were married April 15, 2007. Cecil Chase Tillia was born September 18, 2007. A former Corporate business owner, music Promoter and published author, I am now attempting to once again have my own business while creating a ministry that would work with youth and troubled family's.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, comprehensive history, Stephen. I'm glad you wrote this. I was wondering how you all were related. Now I know how my facebook friend, Cheryl Tillia, fits into the Tillia family! I always wondered how the Glasser's and the Tillia's were related. Another question answered!

    I always find divorce sad, but I think you found a keeper in Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete