Monday, May 11, 2009

News

I have attempted to write in here several times but as I begin something comes up and I have to stop. While researching much of Cheryl's and Cody's lines I often find very interesting stories and events but I am certain that many of our own stories are just as interesting. I am awaiting information from Grandma Hawes regarding stories from when she first met Grandpa Hawes while working at the Woolworth diner in Nashville, TN. but we have to wait for those before I can post any of them.

For now we have only bits and pieces of history that we can currently add and much of it is reliant on what history has recorded about them. I hope to be able to compile enough information from other sources that will provide us with some interesting stories. One thing that I have found out recently is that on of Cody and Courtney's direct ancestors was the brother of Lady Godiva, which provides a pretty interesting storyline. Another great grandmother married a second time and they became the inspiration for the story of Robin Hood and Maid Marian. Many of us think our lives boring and of little interest to others but it is the little things that we have done or seen that shape our lives and changes direction of our future. They are the mainstay that our children see and how they pattern their own lives. Our choices whether good or bad dictate how our children will live their own lives and so on and so on. It is just sometimes we are not there to see the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment